TETRA METHYL AMMONIUM IODIDE
What is Tetra Methyl Ammonium Iodide?
This compound offers an alternate approach for creating C-S bonds, produces a variety of substituted sulfenylated chromones in good to excellent yields, has a wide range of substrates that it can work with, and is functional group-tolerant.
Tetramethylammonium Iodide Properties:
- Molecular Formula: C4H12IN
- Molecular Weight: 201.05 gram
- IUPAC Name: tetramethylazanium;iodide
- CAS No: 75-58-1
- Physical Description: Light yellow solid; White odorless powder; Hygroscopic
- Melting point: Greater than 300 degrees Celsius
Benefits of Tetra Methyl Ammonium Iodide:
- It is positively charged.
- This can only be separated in combination with a counter-ion.
Tetramethylammonium Iodide Applications:
It has been employed as a source of tetraethylammonium ions in pharmacological and physiological research, in addition to being used in the synthesis of organic chemicals.
- If swallowed, toxic.
- Can irritate the skin.
- It really irritates the eyes.
- This may irritate the respiratory tract.
502/17, G.I.D.C Estate, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, 393002, India